Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

☆You need to register & login to post.

☆投稿するには、登録、ログインが必要です。

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rates are too low, make them comparable to KPQ

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Todd

Lv.1

If KPQ is the only way to level and new players are starved for mesos, that's a pretty good indication that monsters should provide more mesos and XP.

I love KPQ, but as a transition. If this server expects me to KPQ right into 4th job then that's 90% of the content of Maplestory replaced with something where I can't even use my new skills. There is no variation in gameplay and no promise for future variation.

Increase rates, make scrolls, equips and maple leafs pheasible to hunt for, leave PQs as is.

Yuna

Lv.1

The most childish and knowledgeless post I have ever seen... Lol
As the matter worse, you're wrong and arrogant.
Do sleep-talk only while you are sleeping. Ty

Maya

Maya
GM
GM

PQs are there for faster leveling. KPQ isnt the only one available. There are also LPQ and PPQ.
Now if you want to mesos, you can go grind on monsters.

PQs are there for faster leveling, but they cant give you mesos as much as grinding. LPQ is the only pq that can earn you money if you get good rewards.

Singapore/Malaysia/NLC is going to be available on the 20th.

Todd

Lv.1

So we're totally fine with partying up and repeating PQs being the ONLY efficient way to level and you basically get shouted down if you disagree?

You can't farm monsters if you aren't leveled, and you can't level if you don't PQ. All roads lead to unnecessary amounts of party questing with zero alternative.

It does not make sense to have a DRASTIC disparity between hunting and PQing. If I kill an hour worth of mobs I should probably come out with similar, maybe slightly less experience than if I spent that hour KPQing. Especially at low levels when the financial advantage of hunting mobs cannot even manifest.

In fact, if you're going to be consistent with the difficulty of your server, experience from PQs should be heavily reduced. If you don't make changes in either direction, you're forcing the players to play a very narrow range of content and playstyles. If you're trying to filter out all players who can't handle non-stop monotonous teamplay with no alternative then fine, but this is preventing growth whether the elite of the server care or not.

Singapore/Malaysia/NLC isn't going to help anyone who isn't already leveled. It'll present more farming locations that offer abysmal exp when compared to KPQ/LPQ, and those farming locations will only be accessible when you've KPQ/LPQed right through to level 55+

Please correct me if I'm missing something important here, but I'm beginning second job and seeing people well into 3rd job who still tell me KPQ is the only way forward.

Maybe you should run the analytics to observe the disproportional amount of inactive accounts in the level 25-50 range. People who got out when they realized there was no light at the end of the party quest tunnel.

Maya

Maya
GM
GM

The rate is 4x exp already. Are you saying that we should either make the exp rate higher or make PQ experience lower?
Around your level, are you saying that you cant find a place to level? Is it because of the lack of mobs with high experience?
Most mobs here are just similar to the original and other servers, but there are also some mobs that are customized to give higher experience such as the crows at mushroom shrine and the straw/wooden targets at mu lung training grounds. There are many othe places to hunt such as magatia/ariant, teddies, golem. If you have played other servers before or if you look around you'll know and youll find the good hunting places.

We simply made PQ experience and rewards better and more worth than the original but it seems that you or maybe some people are lost at what to do because of that. Apart from PQ we also buffed party bonus experience. Basically we wanted to make the server more interactive and decided to give the players a choice whether to grind or to PQ. We cant give everything for PQ players, exp rate is high but it comes with running out of mesos while for players that grind, it gains them mesos but the the experience is a little less (or almost similar depending on how long the PQ queue and run takes). Some people dislike grinding, some poeple likes playing solo. Its just a matter of choice. But to tell you, the people who grind more of course have the most mesos on the server.

Yuna

Lv.1

"Rates are too low"
-Then why did you choose server with this rates.

"make them comparable to KPQ"
-It's common sense but when you ask for something, be more polite because you're just one of the player like me playing a game for free.

"You can't farm monsters if you aren't leveled, and you can't level if you don't PQ. All roads lead to unnecessary amounts of party questing with zero alternative. "
The leap in logic. You can level without PQ. There're a lot of alternative that you just don't know, I leveled until level 117 without KPQ but I have tried both options and they both have good and bad points.

"It does not make sense to have a DRASTIC disparity between hunting and PQing. If I kill an hour worth of mobs I should probably come out with similar, maybe slightly less experience than if I spent that hour KPQing. Especially at low levels when the financial advantage of hunting mobs cannot even manifest. "
-That's what you're wrong and many people here enjoy both PQing and grinding without any complain or people whos just keep PQing and saying"I'm broke I can't afford to buy potions or upgrade my gears..."lol

"In fact, if you're going to be consistent with the difficulty of your server, experience from PQs should be heavily reduced. If you don't make changes in either direction, you're forcing the players to play a very narrow range of content and playstyles. If you're trying to filter out all players who can't handle non-stop monotonous teamplay with no alternative then fine, but this is preventing growth whether the elite of the server care or not."
-No they shouldn't. That will make this server solo/masturbating play style and will reduce the people who plays PQ making this boring for people who got tired of grinding main servers.
-You're forcing yourself to play at a narrow range of content by yourself.
"Singapore/Malaysia/NLC isn't going to help anyone who isn't already leveled. It'll present more farming locations that offer abysmal exp when compared to KPQ/LPQ, and those farming locations will only be accessible when you've KPQ/LPQed right through to level 55+ "
-If your level is lower than 55, just find a place to grind that fits your level instead of complaining about small things.

"Please correct me if I'm missing something important here, but I'm beginning second job and seeing people well into 3rd job who still tell me KPQ is the only way forward. "
-That's how to ask people politely.
-Please don't worry, the person who told you about KPQ thing is wrong or either lazy to tell you about buffed/good hunting places.

"Maybe you should run the analytics to observe the disproportional amount of inactive accounts in the level 25-50 range. People who got out when they realized there was no light at the end of the party quest tunnel"
-People who saw the this server's advertise that its [Exp Buffed PQ and Bosses]won't quit because of PQ. They realized there's no light at the end of ant tunnel instead.

Lito

Lito
GM
GM

Hello all. Thanks for suggestion.
Changing any rates discourage old or PQ main players but lower rate is uncomfortable for new people.
I understand your points and I think you all are totally right for certain people.
However, accepting everyone's opinion completely will just break the game.
The server is PQ oriented anyways so hopefully you can enjoy party quest too.

We're sure we will keep making the server comfortable for both old and new players. Very Happy

Todd

Lv.1

Yuna wrote:Stuff
I've never seen someone so smug about withholding information. Thanks for parading the fact you know more than me while offering none of that knowledge.

Maya wrote:The rate is 4x exp already. Are you saying that we should either make the exp rate higher or make PQ experience lower?
I'm suggesting consistancy. Consistancy gives players options while disparity forces a playstyle.
Most mobs here are just similar to the original and other servers, but there are also some mobs that are customized to give higher experience such as the crows at mushroom shrine and the straw/wooden targets at mu lung training grounds. There are many othe places to hunt such as magatia/ariant, teddies, golem
But I'm getting mixed messages now. Are there grinding spots that are buffed to be par with PQ or is the server "PQ oriented" in a way that presents no alternative?

I'm totally willing to apologize for my terrible ignorance, but I've searched the forums up and down and asked around and this is the first I've heard of buffed mobs. Is there a complete list of these available anywhere?

However, if you're buffing mobs to account for this disparity then aren't you just choosing what mobs the player can kill? Why wouldn't you just have dynamic rates at this point to open up options? Why is buffed mobs so different from changing rates when really it just highlights the flaws of the chosen rate?

Lito wrote:Changing any rates discourage old or PQ main players but lower rate is uncomfortable for new people.
I also don't agree with the standpoint that older things must be maintained because that's the way they've always been, but despite being a destructive philosophy,  it's not too unusual to see so you won't hear much further complaints from me. The elite feel small if what they earned is obtainable through different avenues. Better to have them sit on high and feel good about the scrap they offer the peasents who struggle to feed them berries and tokens, right?  

If there are actually efficient alternatives to KPQ then my complaint is unfounded anyways, but buffed mobs are a sneaky side step that still limit options unless most everything is buffed.

wasuphomie

Lv.1

This server has a few problems, and KPQ is definitely one of them. It's boring but its by far the best way to advance because it scales with exp, and you need leafs for equip and ring upgrades compared to LPQ which has more downsides. Then you can also grind, which as maya describes, will end off with more money. Problem with that though is that new players have little use for money, the fm is really limited because there's only 30 players max, meaning the fm has scrolls you don't need, and gach junk you don't want. Im a new player and i'm already burnt out from how boring KPQ is, and how boring it will be until I hit 120. Tokens and berries could have some changes, prizes in the mall are really expensive and a lot of the stuff isn't useful to new players besides the gach tickets.  Maybe increase the drop rate of berries or include new ways to obtain them if their only purpose is for boat ride fair, even that will encourage new players to grind when they have easier access to more maps besides victoria. You can watch a lot of players log on minutes or even seconds before JQ events then log off once they get their token because there's not much else to do after that.

I think the server should temporarily adapt to a unique model specifically designed for a small player base where theres fun content and an incentive to keep playing while still being able to advance in the game, then add changes as they grow bigger to accommodate more players; because im afraid what you have now is a glitchy vanilla v62 server with limited content, and where both the PQ and grind route is unappealing. I hope the gms find a way to quickly lock in new players because I feel there eventually will be a burnout and i'm not sure what good adding malay/singa/NLC will do to solve this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum